Friday, May 27, 2005

Interesting

According to USAToday, 53% of American voters would vote for Hillary in 2008. And this poll was taken before her former finance director, David Rosen, who was charged with making false statements to the Federal Election Commission, was acquited.

As for me, personally, I wouldn't say that I am a Hillary Clinton fan. I mean, if she were to announce her candidacy (and she'll first have to be re-elected to her senate seat before she can think about the presidency), I wouldn't sign up to volunteer. Still, I like Hillary. While she lacks her husband's charisma, she has a gift for explaining where she stands and why. (I am most impressed with her ability to deliver well-crafted arguments and opinions on cable news programs. Very few people can pull that off.) And, as much as Republicans hate her, I see her very much as a moderate who is willing to compromise and work with her political opponents.

Would I vote for Hillary in 2008? Probably. Is this an endorsement? By no means.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home