Wednesday, May 18, 2005

That's No Way to Treat a Monkey

An undercover PETA operative has produced video of several instances of monkey abuse at an animal-testing lab. As a vegetarian and animal-lover, I generally roll my eyes when I hear or see any news item about PETA, because most of what the organization does (i.e. arranging fruitless and silly publicity stunts to advocate for strict moral vegetarianism) makes people like me look ridiculous. I'm glad to see PETA actually doing something worthwhile, and I hope that the Department of Agriculture (who oversees the lab) acts on the evidence PETA has produced. Still, I have to ask, How could someone affiliated with PETA just stand by and tape monkeys being tortured for 11 months (see the article) before going to the authorities and the press?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home