Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Invisible Genocide

Think Progress has a good post about the media's silence about genocide in Darfur. I admit that I have payed little attention to the ongoing massacre in Sudan, paying more attention to Star Wars movies, Weezer albums, and Nick Hornby books. In so far as this blog (with a readership approaching double digits) counts as "the media," I am a part of the problem. That our culture is mesmorized by reality television and the saga of the runaway bride but cares not a lick for the systematic murder of hundreds of thousands of people is disturbing. But, again, I can't say that I'm helping.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kara said...

Josh - You just did something. Thanks for the link. I sent the email through Think Progress to the major news agencies.

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home