Friday, October 28, 2005

Good Night, and Good Luck

I was excited to learn from this morning's Tennessean that Good Night, and Good Luck, George Clooney's film about Edward Murrow's efforts to expose Wisconsin Senator Joe McCarthy during the communist witch-hunts of the fifties, is now playing in Nashville. I've been eager to see this movie, which Roger Ebert gave four stars, since I first heard about it. Now the trick will be finding time to see a movie with a toddler at home and a second child on the way.


1 Comments:

Blogger muse said...

Hi! (just stumbled upon your blog) I just saw the preview yesterday, and this movie blew me away. It is timely, hard-hitting, and intensely patriotic (in the good sense "We must not confuse dissidence with disloyalty" as is said in the movie, not in the narrow-minded/bigot sense). I think that this movie ought to be shown in schools to kick start discussions about the role of the media, integrity, and personal responsibility.

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home