Saturday, December 03, 2005

Another Reason Why Race Is Still An Important Issue

It's anecdotal, but disturbing nonetheless. From the St. Petersburg Times:

TAMPA - GAF Materials Corp. is handing out gift cards from Target as a reward to select employees this holiday season. That's because Wal-Mart, the discount store that held the business for years, last week called sheriff's deputies to apprehend a GAF manager on a bogus bad check rap while he was trying to buy this year's gift card supply.

"I keep going over and over the incident in my mind," said Reginald Pitts, the 34-year-old human resources manager for the roof material manufacturer's Tampa distribution center. "I cannot come up with any possible reason why I was treated like this except that I am black."

Read more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home