Tuesday, January 24, 2006

I Like Love Monkey

I became a fan of Tom Cavanaugh over the course of three seasons of religiously watching Ed. So I decided to check out Tom's new show Love Monkey, which he stars in and executive produces. I like to think that, as a Gen-Xer who spent the nineties immersed in independent music, I am the show's target market.

It's a good show, though it tries too hard to be cool (in a New York, bohemian sort of way). The cast is solid, and most of the characters are strong. On the other hand, the plot can be kind of hokey, and I don't care for the musical stylings of the critically acclaimed, John Mayer-esque, independent singer-songwriter. Overall, I enjoy Love Monkey, and I'll probably tune in every Tuesday, but I'm not sure I'd recommend it to someone who isn't me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home