Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Tuesday Evening Reading

  • J2 offers an insightful, nicely crafted comment about the President's proposed health savings accounts. I take issue with some of his arguments, but he is definitely better informed on the subject than I am, and his comment is well worth reading. (J2 gets the Scrambies Award for best comments. I actually once met J2 in person, but I regret that I've forgotten his name.)

  • Cole looks back on the time he met Coretta Scott King, who died last night at age 78.

  • Legislators in at least five states, including my native state of Indiana, are proposing bold anti-abortion legislation in hopes that these laws will survive, given the current makeup of the Supreme Court. (I need to discuss this development with my source in the Indiana Statehouse.)

  • Jesus' General updates the Bill of Rights. It's a little over the top, but funny nonetheless.

  • The Onion: Vegetarian Can't Bring Self To Eat IHOP's Funny Face Pancakes. (As a vegetarian, I'm allowed to find this funny.)

  • And so you know, I'm not happy that Love Monkey was pre-empted tonight by the State of the Union Address, the opposition response, and the subsequent commentary. (As it were, Bush said very little in the SOTUA about healthcare.)

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home