Saturday, April 29, 2006

I've Let Myself Go

Nearly four days without new content. I haven't gone that long without updating this site since the fall of 2004. Work has been more stressful than ever, and outside of work and all of the extracurricular activities I've signed up for, I've spent most of my time bonding with Meyer, who seems to be getting some sense of what's going on in mommy's belly.

I'm also having doubts about my new "God blog," Save Yourselves From This Corrupt Generation. I want to draw attention to important and novel church-related stories, to help the church laugh or roll its eyes at itself when appropriate, and to distract people of faith from tired debates that have devolved into a waste of time and energy. But I think I'm too concerned about what people think of me and about getting along with everyone to be irreverent and ironic. I don't want to be misunderstood, and I don't want people to get mad at me over my attempts at sarcasm or satire; I'd rather they first read my clear and thoughtful personal reflections on a given issue then get mad at me. I'm not the person I was ten years ago, and the Josh who's nearly 30 isn't interested in picking virtual-fights.

I suppose the Josh who is nearly 30 is a Josh of self-doubt and misguided ambition.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

30 ain't bad so far, man. Admittedly, it was a tough year for me, however. Keep your chin up.

Hope that new little Tinley is gestating well.

3:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Turning 30 is a lot harder than being 30.

Congrats on Kate's arrival!

6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home