Monday, June 26, 2006

Anyone Know What's Eating My Backyard?

Click here for picture.

I'm having a bug problem on a couple plants in my backyard. I don't know if they're aphids, mites, or something else; I haven't been able to identify them with certainty. Right now, the plants they are destroying are ones that I could stand to part with. (They have grown against my wishes in a hard-to-whack part of the yard.) But I'd like to stop the infestation before these pests attack other plants or find their way into the hair of small children. Any thoughts?

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Josh,
Here's some info from the UT Agricultural Extension Office on "Insect Defoliators of Ornamental Trees and Shrubs" that might help (http://www.utextension.utk.edu/publications/spfiles/SP609.pdf)

They have a whole section on "Insects, Pests, and Plant Diseases" - if you don't find it there, you might contact someone from the office and show them your photo.

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home