Thursday, June 08, 2006

Why I'm Upset With My FOX Affiliate

Two reasons:

  • Nashville's FOX affiliate, WZTV Channel 17, has made the unfortunate decision of replacing back-to-back reruns of Seinfeld at 6:00 on weekdays with back-to-back reruns of Friends. Frankly, the worst episode of Seinfeld is better than the best episode of Friends. I cannot imagine why the people at WZTV would think that Friends makes better after dinner television than Seinfeld.

  • Tuesday night, during spots informing viewers of what would be coming up on the 9:00 news, anchor Laura Faber twice referred to the estate tax as the "death tax." I understand why those in favor of permanently repealing the estate tax have given it this nickname, and I think their reasons are somewhat valid. (I personally feel that the estate tax is important to our country and that it should not be repealed, but that's a post unto itself.) But for a TV news anchor to use, without qualification, the tongue-in-cheek nickname "death tax" is simply sophomoric and unprofessional.

The people at WZTV need to shape up if they want me to watch So You Think You Can Dance this evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home