Saturday, September 30, 2006

Titans to Start Young; I'm a Little Surprised

Titan's rookie QB Vince Young (pictured) will make his first start tomorrow against the Cowboys.

I suggested such a move after the Chargers game two weeks ago. Kerry Collins, like the rest of the team, played very poorly in San Diego and was outshined by Young, who took only a handful of snaps. After that performance, starting Collins made no sense to me; in fact, not starting Young seemed foolish. But alas, the coaches didn't take my advice. Collins started the following week against Miami, played the entire game, and played pretty well.

So I'm surprised that Young is getting the call to start now. I'm glad the Titans are giving the ball to Young; but after being so insistent that Collins was their starter, why is the staff benching Collins after a solid performance?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home