Friday, February 23, 2007

Why I Want to Believe That Pacman Is a Good Guy Despite Overwhelming Evidence to the Contrary

I confess that I want to see Pacman Jones exonerated in the courts of law and public opinion because I want him on the field in a Titans uniform in September. I'm willing to dismiss the disturbing account of strip club owner Robert Susner; I'm willing to overlook all of the other ugly incidents that Pacman has been involved in; I just want to see number 32 covering Marvin Harrison in the fall.

Pacman may be the Titans' best and most versatile player. He's an outstanding punt returner; he's improved significantly as the team's top corner; and he's been effective as an occasional offensive weapon/decoy. The Titans have a real shot at the playoffs next season—I'm worried that their chances won't be nearly as good if Pacman isn't anchoring a secondary that has struggled mightily in recent years.

There you have it. I'm ashamed to say that my desire to see my team win has trumped my desire to see justice served. Sorry.

1 Comments:

Blogger gavin richardson said...

i just can't figure out why the guy can't stay out of trouble. it just baffles me

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home