Sunday, March 25, 2007

A Big Win for the Disciples of Christ

My Vanderbilt Divinity School classmate Eric Smith writes:

Knowing your emphasis on religiously affiliated schools, I'm sure you'll want to mention that Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) affiliated Barton College just won the D-II championship in the most dramatic fashion possible.

Indeed. I caught bits and pieces of the game, including the final seconds. I did not know that Barton (located in North Carolina with an enrollment of just under 1,200) was a Disciples school. (But now I know, and knowing is half the battle.)

Anyway, the final play was spectacular, but the drama really begins with 45 seconds remaining and Division II power Winona St. up by 7. Winona St., of Minnesota, was defending their 2006 D-II championship and a 57-game winning streak. Check it out at Deadspin, or watch this grainy version from You Tube (sorry, Viacom):

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home