Monday Sports Notes
- Vandy Undefeated in Baseball, #1 in ESPN/USA Today Poll: My other alma mater, Evansville, has dropped out of the polls but continues getting votes.
- Vandy Women Get #2 Seed: More on the women's tourney later this week.
- Thunder Jones Is Angry With the Titans: And I agree with him. Quoth Thunder, "They've got a huge stash of free agency money, but are so busy trying to figure out what to do with Pacman that they're practically frozen when it comes to free agency moves."
- Roger Federer's 41-Match Win Streak Ends (ESPN.com): He's still the best tennis player ever. (And, in his defense, Federer has been having foot problems.)
- Sharapova a Tennis Player First (Tennis.com): Tennis.com's Peter Bodo says, "Sharapova is as professional and under-the-celebrity-radar as Amelie Mauresmo despite being such a hot marketing property. . . . And here's the really ironic part: Sharapova, among the current crop of stars, is the one who most effectively sends the message that she is first and foremost a -- gasp! -- tennis player."
- Pacers Lose Ninth Straight (AP): Yeah, they're still in the seven slot in the East, but I wish they'd just forfeit the rest of the season, blow up the team, and look to the future.