A Few Things to Consider
- I'm sure that, by now, you've seen footage of Barack and Michelle Obama giving each other dog last week in front of a screaming crowd in Minnesota. Fox News's E.D. Hill actually asks if this modified high five is a "terrorist fist jab" (Gawker). Really. Then she brings in a body language expert to further interpret the gesture because, as she says, "Everyone seems to interpret [the fist bump] differently." I suppose. But no sane person would interpret it as a "terrorist fist jab."
- Why did the climate bill fail? Time explains.
- Here's a warm-and-fuzzy story: Baseball Hall-of-Famer Dave Winfield wanted to do something for former Negro League players who never got the chance to play in the Majors. So he put together a draft in which Major League teams drafted the aging former Negro Leaguers into their baseball families. (Hat tip: Aunt B.)
- More in baseball: Kudos to Ken Griffey, Jr. for hitting number 600. Too bad he had to do it in front of a sparse crowd in Miami.
- You may have heard rumors about the tape of Michelle Obama saying nasty things about "Whitey." Here it is.