Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Quick Word on 2008

I don't have time to do a full-blown 2008 retrospective or an end-of-year "best of" list, but here's a quick thought about the year that was:

Personally, I'll always remember 2008 as the year when my youngest child was born and when I completed the manuscript for my first book. And, for many years to come, people will look back on 2008 and remember Barack Obama's historic win in the U.S. Presidential Election, Michael Phelps' eight gold medals, and (possibly) the death of American capitalism as we know it. But one day I think that we'll also look back on 2008 as a year when we, as a global community, failed to do anything substantial to end genocide in The Congo and the Darfur region of The Sudan. Sorry to end the year on a down note.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home