Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Stay Thirsty My Friends

I was hoping that Slate's Ad Report Card would review the Dos Equis "Most Interesting Man in the World" spots and tell me why I find them so mesmerizing. Why am I so fascinated by a fledgling advertising icon who, after rising to prominence as a jai alai player, took on a lifestyle involving night-time archeology in formal wear and motor-boating with beauty queens?

I was glad to see this morning that Slate's Seth Stevenson came through and that he did not disappoint. Stevenson remarks on the commercials' quirkiness as well as their Wes-Andersonian charm and discusses the novelty of an aging and aloof spokesman.

1 Comments:

Blogger Slant.williams said...

I don't care about most of that lifestyle, but I'd die to motor boat those beauty queens.

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home