Friday, October 23, 2009

Sally Reese Unloads on the Titans

Sally Reese, wife of longtime Titans general manager Floyd Reese, called into George Plaster's show on 104.5 Wednesday with these gems:

  • On her husband being released from the team because of supposed tensions between him and Jeff Fisher: "So bottom line is my husband just went along and did his job and everything was just fine and one day he went to work and said, 'Gee after 21 years we're going in a different direction.' Floyd still kind of didn't get that. It was like, 'What, what?' Now what I read and I hear all that stuff. My husband was totally oblivious. All he did was his job."

  • She adds: "[Floyd] kept Jeff from getting fired two times," she said. "So if he'd let [Jeff] get fired, he'd still be there." No comment from the Titans on this one. (And don't expect a comment any time soon.)

  • On the Titans' 59–0 loss on Sunday to New England, Floyd Reese's current employer (he is a "Senior Football Adviser" for the Patriots): "But you know paybacks -- can I say bitch? -- payback's a bitch. Sunday I was hoping they'd run it to 100. And I love Tennessee. All you Tennessee people, my dad's from Tennessee, but when you get sucker punched, you want to sucker punch back." Wow.

More at NBC Sports' Pro Football Talk.

I'm disappointed I missed this when it aired, as I usually catch a good chunk of Plaster's show on my way home from work on Wednesdays. Reese's comments came in response to the Houston Chronicle's John McClain's suggestion that Floyd Reese's departure from the Titans was the result of tensions between him and Jeff Fisher. (McClain, who covered the team when they were in Houston, is a guest on the Zone every Wednesday afternoon.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home