Sunday, April 10, 2005

Don't Panic

I've been looking forward to the Hitchhiker's Guide movie for about a year now, but I'm not sure what to make of the trailers I've seen. The TV spot doesn't even present the film as a comedy but as a cheesy big-budget sci-fi flick. One of the theatrical trailers I've seen (on the Internet, because parents of one-year-olds don't get out to the theaters much) gives a similar impression, though it has twice as much time as its televised counterpart to convey the essence of the film. Below is the best trailer I've found. (Granted, I haven't searched much).

Hitchhiker's Guide QuickTime Trailer

(If you don't have QuickTime and need more options, go here: IMDB Hitchhiker's Guide Trailers.)

Still, no ad for the film that I have seen features "42," towels, or Marvin, the "paranoid android." (I'm guessing that the robot featured in some trailers is Marvin, but they give no indication that he is an android who suffers from severe depression and low self-esteem. As it were, Marvin is voiced by Alan Rickman of Dogma and Harry Potter fame. So, if nothing else, you can look forward to his performance.)

Of course, I'm still going to see the movie.

Don't panic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home