Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Christian Conservatives Champion March of the Penguins

Wonkette comments on a story in today's New York Times.

Christian conservatives have latched on to the high-grossing documentary March of the Penguins, because the film portrays traditional family values and promotes monogamy. (Wonkette reminds her readers that some monogamous penguins are homosexual.)

I haven't seen March of the Penguins; I'll be waiting for the DVD release. Still, I can honestly say that the penguin is one of my favorite animals. I am fascinated by non-mammals that resemble humans; and I can relate to the many penguin species who, like me, are most comfortable in cold weather.

So my conservative brothers and sisters and I share an appreciation of penguins. Perhaps our common interest can help us understand one another on a deeper level.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kara said...

check out this take on March of the Penguins too...
March of the Penguins" Too Lovey-Dovey to Be True?

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home