Thursday, September 01, 2005

Powerless . . .

. . . is how I feel when I watch the coverage of Hurricane Katrina. So many sad stories; even the stories of hope that news outlets have lifted up don't seem terribly hopeful at the moment. It's hard for me not to be depressed when I see footage of babies Meyer's age or younger who have had little or nothing to eat or drink for five days. At this point, I can't fault anyone for looting; but I don't understand instances of gang rape. And, of course, the situation at the New Orleans Convention Center is just horrible. As late as this afternoon officials from FEMA and the Department of Homeland Security were publically doubting reports about the thousands of people dying of fear and neglect in a facility that they were told to go to for relief.

I commend Shane from Wesley Blog for being so proactive in rallying support for the cause.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home