Thursday, October 06, 2005

I Got Nothing

I try to blog daily and, if possible, to update links andor content at least once in the morning and once in the evening. But today, I'm at a loss. I've been sitting here for about an hour trying to force myself to write about something, searching in vain for a marginally interesting news story that hasn't already been chewed and digested by other bloggers. No luck.

I suppose I can recommend a book I am reading: The Gospel of Jesus by James Robinson. Robinson is an authority on the Sayings Gospel Q and the Nag Hammadi Codices, and he has put together an accessible and compelling look at the historical Jesus. Robinson is not as poetic as Bruce Chilton, as theological as Marcus Borg, as academic as Paula Frederiksen, or as thorough as John Dominic Crossan, but he is clear and concise, and his conclusions make sense. The book is just over 200 pages long, and it reads pretty quickly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home