Friday, November 04, 2005

America's Next Muppet

I'm generally wary of big media conglomerates, but I am glad that Disney recently spent $90 to buy the rights to The Muppets. Jim Henson's pantheon of talking animals and strange humanoid creatures played a key role in my early childhood development and continues to occupy special places in my heart, mind, and soul. While I worry that Disney will fail to do The Muppets justice, I am delighted to learn that Disney will be doing something with The Muppets, who sadly have been absent from American pop culture for much of the last decade.

Disney is planning to return my childhood friends to prime-time with America's Next Muppet, a parody of shows such as American Idol and America's Next Top Model, that will air on ABC.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home