Monday, May 01, 2006

Introducing: Rockbass

I had the fortune of joining a trio of my former bandmates to play a few songs Saturday for a worship service at Hillcrest United Methodist Church in Nashville. While the four of us (myself, Brian Fuzzell, Zach Collier, and David Dewese) had all played in bands with one another for years, this particular quartet had never before performed live. Since none of our former or current band names appropriately described the lineup, we decided on calling ourselves "Rockbass"; "rock bass" is Meyer's name for daddy's bass guitar. Rockbass did two songs that I wrote, and that all of us helped record, for the Claim the Name Multimedia Teaching Tools CD-ROM ("Grace!" and "Fruit of the Spirit"); both songs were enhanced by accompanying PowerPoint® shows. Rockbass is not looking to book future gigs, but Saturday evening a good time was had by all.

My wife Ashlee has just informed me that she found one of my picks in the dryer; that hasn't happened for several years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home