Sunday, August 06, 2006

"Ricky Bobby" a Classic

I saw Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby this weekend. It's fantastic. "Ricky Bobby" is very much in the style of Anchorman, also directed by Adam McKay and starring Will Ferrell; but McKay and Ferrell's newest effort has stronger characters and sharper dialog than its predecessor. I might be so bold to say that Talladega Nights is the best sports comedy ever. (I should note that I don't revere Major League and Slap Shot the way others seem to.)

For more, check out this review by Jim Emerson, who's filling in for Roger Ebert at the Chicago Sun-Times.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been looking forward to this one all summer -- I'm glad to hear it. I think I'll see it sometime this week.

And speaking of NASCAR, I betcha Ricky Bobby would have a thing or two to say about the KY Speedway suing NASCAR to take away someone else's Nextel series race. Just no class. Worth checking out.

1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home