Thursday, April 12, 2007

Pacman Going Back to School?

According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, Pacman Jones is considering returning to the University of West Virginia during his suspension from the NFL to finish his degree. Unfortunately, I can't find any news articles that confirm this rumor.

Pacman's major in college was athletic coaching education. Degree or no degree, I can't imagine that Pacman will be coaching anywhere if he ends up banned from the NFL. More interesting is his minor, special education. In this 2005 Sporting News interview, Pacman said:

I want to get my own little seminar for special-ed kids, where people can drop their kids off for a weekend, a couple of days. It should be at a big facility with a pool, a couple of games, just a lot of stuff they can do while they're there. I think I can touch people like that. I did it when I was at school not too long ago.... I went bowling with them two, three days of the week and did it a whole semester. So I enjoy doing it.

Pacman's ambition is admirable, and I wish him the best in pursuing it. But it could be a while before any parents trust Pac with their mentally or physically disabled children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home