Friday, August 29, 2008

McCain's About to Pick Palin

CNN has just reported that a) a private plane from Alaska just landed in Dayton and that b) Tim Pawlenty is still in Minnesota. Draw your own conclusions. I decided a couple days ago that, even though running mates generally don't have much effect on the outcome of an election, for McCain to have a real shot to win in November, he'd need to choose Sarah Palin as his running mate. She breaks the Republican mold without surrendering her conservative credentials. The other supposed frontrunners would represent either business as usual or a concession to moderates and Democrats.

Still, Palin or no, the Republicans still aren't capable of delivering something as goosebump-inducing as what the Democrats put together last night. They also don't seem to have a plan to deal with healthcare or help people afford the rising cost of a college education—two issues that are especially important to me as a voter. Of course, I lean left and live in a state that always votes Republican anyway, so the McCain-Palin campaign can't be too concerned about getting my vote.

Update: Apparently, Sarah Palin is still in Alaska, so you may want to forget everything I just said.

Update: I was right after all.

2 Comments:

Blogger DogBlogger said...

I saw your headline and got all excited, wondering if Michael Palin of Monty Python is actually eligible to be on the ticket...

6:48 AM  
Blogger Allan R. Bevere said...

I don't think I agree. Yes, Obama's speech last night was a goose bump moment, but so was Gov. Palin's speech this afternoon.

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home