Thursday, June 18, 2009

10 Years Ago . . .

. . . I was living in a moldy, ant-infested basement in Evansville, Indiana and working at the Auntie Anne's pretzel store in the Eastland Mall for $6.00 per hour. So the last decade has been good to me. I've come a long way.

Every now and then I like to evaluate what I was doing 5, 10, 15, 20, and 25 years ago. (I'm getting to the point now where I can remember things that happened 30 years ago as well.) 15 years ago, for example, I returned home from a church youth group trip to Cedar Point to learn that O.J. Simpson was a murder suspect and that my band (called Liquid Refreshment at the time) had secured its first gig: a show at the TA Skate Shop on Indianapolis' east side.

I had planned to say more, but I think I'll leave it at that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home