Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Tuesday Night Trivia

First the answer to last week's trivia challenge:

  • Iceland, Ireland

  • Iran, Iraq

  • [The] Gambia, Zambia

Here's this week's challenge:

202 Major League Baseball players have had fathers who also played in the bigs. Of these second-generation baseball players, only one has been inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame. Name him.

It's an easy question. I just thought it was interesting that only one of 202 second-generation players was in Cooperstown (though he won't be the only one for long).

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt Wittlief said...

I think you might be wrong on this one... or perhaps Wikipedia is wrong.

If you were thinking the answer is Cal Ripken, Jr. as the HOF 2nd Gen player, I can't find record of Cal, Sr. actually playing in the major leagues.

Or am I completely off base here?

9:18 PM  
Blogger Tinley said...

I think you're right. I don't think Cal Sr. ever made it out of the minors as a player. Oops. I'll try to come up with another question for this week.

5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home