Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tuesday Night Trivia

Tonight, a two parter involving the Periodic Table:

1. Two vowels are not symbols for elements on the Periodic Table. Name them. (I count "Y" as a vowel.)

2. 14 symbols for elements on the Periodic Table are single letters. Almost all of these letters are initials for the English-language name of the element they represent. Two are not. Name them.

To clarify part 2: Were "scrambium" an element represented by the symbol "Z," it would be one of the answers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt Wittlief said...

I'll give this a shot with no help...

Vowels: A and E
(I know O-Oxygen and I-Iodine for sure, and it seems like there is a Y).

The other is tougher... I think I remember W being Tungsten.

P.S. After a check of Wikipedia, I should have remembered the second one. Oh well

9:33 PM  
Blogger Taylor W Burton Edwards said...

K is Potassium...

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home