Saturday, June 11, 2005

Yeah, Yeah, Coldplay Released a New Album This Week

Coldplay has become arguably the biggest band in the world playing a style of music that I consider a watered down version of The Bends- and O.K. Computer-era Radiohead. The popularity of the band and the ubiquity of their hit songs makes me want to dislike Coldplay, but I can't. Everything I've heard so far from the new record sounds pretty good; and I own Parachutes (their first major release)and still enjoy listening to it fairly regularly.

Will I buy X & Y (the new album)? Probably not. The relative poverty that comes with raising a one-year-old and four cats requires me to be discriminating when it comes to buying music. I still don't have the newest offerings from Ben Folds and Beck (both of whom would make my list of ten favorite artists ever). Of course, X & Y would make a nice birthday gift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home