Monday, August 15, 2005

Evolution Wars and Flying Dinosaurs


I finally finished reading last week's Time cover story, "Evolution Wars," about the push to teach intelligent-design theory in school science classes. It's a good article that articulates the difference between traditional creationism and the growing intelligent-design movement. Because I recently addressed this subject, I'll spare you any further commentary on the article.

In a Time Forum printed alongside the intelligent design piece, four experts (all middle-aged white men) answer the question, "Can you believe in God and evolution?" One of the experts, Albert Mohler, president of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary and a self-avowed young-Earth creationist, says, "You cannot coherently affirm the Christian truth claim and the dominant model of evolutionary thoery at the same time. Meaning no disrespect to Dr. Mohler, but not having the energy to go into a lengthy explanation of why I disagree with him, I thought I'd recommend an article from Landover Baptist. It's an excellent piece of satire titled, "New Evidence Suggests Noah's Sons Rode Flying Dinosaurs."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home