Friday, October 07, 2005

What Crazy Indiana State Senator Patricia Miller Has to Do With Me

I didn't post about the proposed law in Indiana that would restrict the reproductive options of gays, lesbians, and singles, because by the time I learned about the story, the proposal had been dropped.

Noticing that the bill's sponsor, Senator Patricia Miller, is from my hometown of Indianapolis, I decided to do a little research. As it were, my grandmother, uncle, good friend Jason Sisk, and several other friends and acquaintances live in Miller's district. I was also interested to learn that Miller is the Executive Director of the Confessing Movement in The United Methodist Church. I recently expressed concerns about the Confessing Movement at Christian Dissent.com but didn't make the connection.

5 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Well, my respect for the Confessing Movement just took a nosedive.

9:56 AM  
Blogger gavin richardson said...

seemed like just a matter of time before someone thought that was going to be a good idea and proposed some legislation. scary part, you could take off some of that language and maybe it'd have a chance to pass. -g

12:32 PM  
Blogger John said...

Dean-

I have a real problem with criminalizing consensual sexual behavior -- or consensual anything else.

Down the the State!

11:07 AM  
Blogger John said...

Pardon me -- that should read "Down with the State!"

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pat Miller is just pandering to her constituents. Most of the people in her district (myself, of course, excluded) would undoubtedly favor the regulation of bedroom activity. It's "icky," after all.

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home