Sunday, December 18, 2005

My Senator Disappoints Me Again (and I'm Not Talking About Lamar Alexander)

According to the AP, my senator, Dr. Bill Frist, has been paying a significant portion of the money raised by his AIDS charity, World of Hope, to members of his political inner circle, whom he is paying as consultants. The AP story breaks down the money this way:

World of Hope gave $3 million it raised to charitable AIDS causes, such as Africare and evangelical Christian groups with ties to Republicans - Franklin Graham's Samaritan Purse and the Rev. Luis Cortes' Esperanza USA, for example.

The rest of the money went to overhead. That included $456,125 in consulting fees to two firms run by Frist's longtime political fundraiser, Linus Catignani. One is jointly run by Linda Bond, the wife of Sen. Christopher "Kit" Bond, R-Mo.

I hate to keep picking on Senator Frist, so I wish he would stop doing things that get on my nerves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home