Wednesday, February 15, 2006

IRD to Cover WCC Assembly (Thank Goodness!)

Excuse my sarcasm, but I get really tired of The Institute on Religion and Democracy, a Mainline Protestant watch dog group whose activities consist entirely of complaining about what the "liberals" are doing to the church. IRD complains incessantly, and its complaints are laced with venom and sarcasm. The group justifies its vitriolic whining with generalizations and exaggerations about mainline decline. From my perspective, IRD just causes trouble without engaging in meaningful dialogue.

IRD's most recent press release regards the Ninth Assembly of the World Council of Churches (WCC) in Porto Alegre, Brazil. IRD Interim President Alan Wisdom will be in Porto Alegre covering the event, and he's already anticipating what he'll be complaining about. (You can read the press release here.)

Let me know if I have judged this recent press release unfairly. I'm not entirely objective at the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home