Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Go Dandi!

For much of my drive into town today, I tailed a car with a vanity plate reading, "GODANDI." My first attempt at deciphering the seven-letter code yielded "GO DANDI," leading me to ask, Who's Dandi?

I didn't need long to realize that no person named Dandi had been the inspiration for this vanity plate; that distinction belonged to God Almighty. The plate's intended message, of course, was "GOD AND I." So, as I eventually passed the car, I glanced to my right, but to no avail, hoping to see the benevolent Creator sitting in the passenger seat.

About six years ago, I had a God-in-the-passenger-seat experience. When I got in my 1994 Chevy Lumina after a late band practice with Three Hit Combo, I noticed that the passenger seat was illuminated by light that seemed to have no source. The divine glow frightened me, but also gave me hope. I actually began a conversation with the deity before discovering that my '94 Lumina had little map lights underneath the rearview mirror. Apparently, I had bumped the switch while unloading equipment and had turned on one of these map lights.

God still gives me a hard time about that night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home