Thursday Evening Links
- "8 Important Lessons Learned From 80's Cartoons" (Cracked.com). A highlight:
For naysayers who point to the Former Soviet Union as proof that communism is inherently flawed, may we merely direct your attention to Smurf Village, where everyone shares everything, wears similar utilitarian clothing, battles Gargamel and his turn-Smurfs-to-gold get rich quick schemes and obeys the dictates of a bearded, red hat-wearing, benevolent authority figure. Quoth Comrade Papa: “From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs.” Really, he actually said that.
- "NBA to Honor Red Auerbach By Playing Defense" (The Onion).
- That's nothing. This one time, I shot a guy! A Michigan man unwittingly confesses to a murder during a party game.
- Every candidate interviewed on Colbert's "Better Know a District" Won Tuesday (WaPo, scroll down). Kind of. New York's Major Owens retired and didn't seek re-election.
- FOX News caption writers not ready for a Democratic majority in Congress (Think Progress).