Wednesday, September 03, 2008

"Thunder" Is Now Official

The former Seattle Supersonics are now officially the Oklahoma City Thunder, possibly in honor of the great Thunder Jones. Those who follow the NBA have known for several weeks that this would happen, but I was hoping they'd change their mind before making it official. Then again I can't think of anything more exciting, so I probably shouldn't even be blogging on this subject. (Someone suggested the Oklahoma City Slickers. That would've been slick. The Oklahoma Joads also would've been nice.) I suppose I should be happy that they didn't keep the Supersonics (they signed an agreement not to), thus becoming the latest NBA team to relocate and end up with a geographically inappropriate nickname. I'm talking to you Los Angeles (Minnesota) Lakers, Utah (New Orleans) Jazz, and Memphis (Vancouver) Grizzlies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home