Saturday, April 15, 2006

Easter Sunday Priorities

Bayside Community Church in East Manatee, Florida will have the late Dale Earnhardt's number 3 Chevy available for viewing and photos on Easter Sunday. Fans have to sit through a worship service to get their picture taken with the car; they have to return for the following week's service if they want to pick up their 4 x 6 photograph. Lead Pastor Randy Bezet assures the public that using the car is not a gimmick but a fresh way "to communicate the ageless gospel."

1 Comments:

Blogger Tinley said...

No, I wouldn't. I've only read one of Spong's books; it was OK, but I am by no means a Spong fan.

Also, I never used the word "idolatry" in my post. And I hadn't even thought of accusing Bayside Community Church of idolatry.

I do, however, think that Easter Sunday is not the best time for churches to do photo-ops, book signings, etc.

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home