Friday, August 11, 2006

I'm an Idiot

On my way to work today, an motorcycle cop pulled me over and gave me a ticket for "improper display of tags." I have my new tags and my new $70 license plate. (Granted, my tags had been expired for a few days before I renewed everything.) I just haven't gotten around to putting the new plate on the back of my car. Even though I showed the officer my actual 2007 license plate with the proper tags, I was nonetheless cited for not having the plate in its proper location.

I could argue that I have in no way done any harm by not installing my license plate. After all, I've paid my money; I've had my emissions tested; I've registered my car; and I have proof that I've done so. I could also make the case that tacking a $42 administrative cost onto a $20 citation is criminal. But I knew that I needed to put my plate on my car; and I should have done so weeks ago. I'm at fault; I'm the idiot.

(Still, I've thought about using this website to raise money to pay for the citation. What do you think? Wanna chip in?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home